Transport Medium for the collection and preservation of Virus, Chlamydia and Mycoplasma.
- Versatile medium, valid for different types of samples, microorganisms and diagnostic methods that avoids the drying up of the sample.
- Improves microorganisms viability between collection and inoculation.
- Decreases bacterial overgrowth in contaminated samples.
- Easily breakable swabs.
- Suitable for samples to be assayed by PCR.
- Room temperature viability.
- Easy and safe to use, reduces the risk of contamination.
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 2 ml - 1 sterile Dacron swab
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 2 ml - 2 sterile Dacron swabs
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 2 ml - 2 sterile Rayon swabs
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 2 ml - No swab included
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 3 ml - 1 sterile Flocked swab
TRANSPORT MEDIUM - 3 ml - No swab included
The success of virus diagnosis depends largely on the quality of the specimen and the conditions under which the specimen is transported and stored before being processed in the laboratory.
Vircell Transport Medium is provided in labeled screw-cap tubes - with different presentations - designed to preserve and transport the clinical sample. Some of our references incorporate 1 or 2 sterile swabs to ease specimen collection. Vircell medium consist of Hank’s BSS containing HEPES, gelatine, BSA, sucrose and compatible antibiotics.