Transport Medium for the collection and preservation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A virus in saliva samples
- Product validated for the RTPCR detection of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A virus
- Useful for population screening programmes
- Allows the patient to take their own sample, relieving the work of healthcare personnel
- Unique barcode label for individual patient identification
- Similar sensitivity to nasopharyngeal samples in molecular assays
TRANSPORT MEDIUM-2 - 1ml - 16X100mm Tube - 1 Saliva collection device
The success of virus diagnosis depends largely on the quality of the specimen and the conditions under which the specimen is transported and stored before being processed in the laboratory.
Vircell Transport Medium is provided in labeled screw-cap tubes - with different presentations - designed to preserve and transport the clinical sample. Transport Medium-2 references incorporate a collection funnel to ease saliva specimen collection. Vircell medium consist of Hank’s BSS containing HEPES, gelatine, BSA, sucrose, compatible antibiotics and azide as preservative agent.