INVASIVE CANDIDIASIS (CAGTA) IFA
Indirect immunofluorescent assay kit to test specific IgG antibodies against antigens located on the cell wall surface of the micelium of Candida albicans (CAGTA Candida albicans germ tube antibody) in human serum/plasma.
- Early diagnosis. Results in 2 hours with a simple and easy to implement protocol for any clinical microbiology laboratory.
- Discriminating between infection and colonization. Germ tube antibody detection by prior absorption of samples with yeasts of C. albicans to remove non-specific antibodies.
- Monitoring of antifungal therapeutic efficacy. These antibodies become negative in patients with good response to antifungal therapy.
INVASIVE CANDIDIASIS (CAGTA) IFA IgG
||REF.: PCAALG||Nº TEST: 50|
INVASIVE CANDIDIASIS (CAGTA) IFA IgG allows to detect specific antibodies against antigens of the mycelium phase by means of a previous absorption of samples with C. albicans yeasts in order to eliminate other antibodies typical of colonized but not infected patients.
The detection of anti-mycelium antibodies allows for discriminating between infection and colonization. These antibodies are only produced against antigens
of the cell wall of Candida which are expressed when yeast is in mycelium phase, i.e. when it is infecting the patient.
- Discriminates between infection and colonization and allows for treatment follow-up.
- Excellent performance – high sensitivity and specificity, avoiding false positive results.
- All the necessary reagents are included in the kit.
- Widely recognized in the scientific literature as CAGTA (Candida albicans germ tube antibody).