Rapid assay for the detection of agglutinating anti-Brucella antibodies in human serum.
- All reagents are supplied ready to use
- Bacterial suspension is coloured to help in the performance of the technique
- Sample predilution is not necessary
- Antigen is supplied in a dropper for an easier dispensing
- The results are immediately obtained
It is a card test for the detection of agglutinating antibodies by using inactivated Brucella cells, stained with Rose Bengal and suspended in an acid buffer. The acid pH of the suspension prevents the non‐specific agglutination of the bacteria, increasing the specificity of the test. Agglutinating IgM, IgG and IgA antibodies contribute to the reactions.
- Very useful as a rapid and sensitive screening test, specially in non-endemic areas
- Widely used for allowing an immediate diagnostic approach
- Very high sensitivity and specificity